SAH collector are used to capture warmth from solar radiation, give it to the operating fluid and that warm fluid may be used in various packages. In this study evaluation of the thermal. Performance of single pass solar air heater collector with ribs and without ribs absorber plates for different literature review has been conducted. Renewable energy is the most important form of energy that is produced from the use of resources available in abundant quantities in daily life, such as wind, solar energy, and water movement during tides, rain and other available and usable sources. Solar collector one kind
of exchanger that given internal energy from solar energy, and the type of the solar collector that utilized in numerous cutting edge applications is solar air heater, such as engineering application, for heating purposes, in drying (drying agricultural crops, fruits and vegetables) and other application. Solar collectors used the direct sun to conduct tests, this means having many weather limitations, high wind, climate difference and other obstacles facing the research. Different cooling methods have been developed over the previous years to ensure that many thermal applications maintain a level consists of maximum
internal heat transfer. The enhancement of heat transfer is very effective and important field of ngineering research since it helps to increase the effectiveness of the system. Appropriate heat transfer techniques may realize considerable technical advantages and savings of costs. The show article points to display a comprehensive literature Review the history, basics and most recent detailed advancements within the field of convective sun based discuss heating systems. Different plans of sun based collectors, such as emptied tube, level plate, multi-lane, cross-section of the stream path, etc. are detailed and discussed.
solar energy, single-pass solar air heaters
- A Soi, R. Singh, B. Bhushan, “Effect Of Roughness Element Pitch On Heat Transfer And Friction Characteristics Of Artificially Roughened Solar Air Heater Duct,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology 1, 2010, pp.339-346.
- A. A. Razak, “Performance of Bi-Metallic Cross Matrix Absorber in Air Based Solar Air Collector,” PhD Thesis, Univ. Kebangs. Malaysia, 2017.
- A. Boonloi and W. Jedsadaratanachai, “Laminar forced convection and heat transfer characteristics in a square channel equipped with V-wavy surface,” Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 251–260, 2017.
- A. E. Kabeel, M.H. Hamed, Z.M.Omar, and A.W. Kandeal, “Influence of fin height on the performance of a glazed and bladed entrance single-pass solar air heater,” Solar Energy, 162, 2018, pp410-419.
- A. Kabeel, A. Khalil, S. Shalaby, and M. Zayed, “Experimental investigation of thermal performance of flat and vcorrugated plate solar air heaters with and without PCM as thermal energy storage,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 113, pp. 264-272, 2016.
- A. Kumar and S. Prabhakar, “Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer Characteristics in A Square Duct with Internal Ribs,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1179–1185, 2014.
- A. Kumar, and M.H Kim, “CFD Analysis on the Thermal Hydraulic Performance of an SAH Duct with Multi V-Shape Roughened Ribs,” Energies, 9, 2016, 9.
- A. Kumar, and M.K. Kim, “Thermal hydraulic performance in a solar air heater channel with multi v-type perforated baffles,” Energies, 9, 2016.
- A. M. Bagabir, J. A. Khamaj, and A. S. Hassan, “Turbulent Periodic Flow and Heat Transfer in a Square Channel with Different Ribs,” International journal of heat and fluid flow, vol. 5, no. September, pp. 67–80, 2013.
- A. P. Rallabandi, H. Yang, and J. C. Han, “Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Correlations for Square Channels with 45 Degree Ribs at High Reynolds Number,” ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 131, pp. 71-97, 2009.
- A.R. Sampath, “Effect of Rib Turbulators on Heat Transfer Performance in Stationary Ribbed Channels,” MS .C. Thesis, Cleveland State University, 2009.
- Ahn S. W, “The effects of roughness types on friction factors and heat transfer in roughened rectangular duct,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 28(7): pp. 933-942, 2001.
- AME Momin, JS Saini, SC Solanki “Heat transfer and friction in solar air heater duct with V-shaped rib roughness on absorber plate,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 45, 2002, 3383– 3396.
- Anon Namin, Chaya Jivacate, Dhirayut Chenvidhya, Krissanapong Kirtikara,and Jutturit Thongpron “Determination of solar cell electrical parameters and resistances using color and white LED-based solar simulators with high amplitude pulse input voltages” Renewable Energy, Volume 54, June 2013, Pages 131-137, ISSN 0960-1481
- Bazzi. A.M, Klein .Z, Sweeney. M, Kroeger .K.P, Shenoy .P.S, Krein .P.T, “Solid-State Solar Simulator” Industry Applications, 2012, vol. 48, pp. 1195-1202.
- Chamoli S, Thakur NS “Performance study of solar air heater duct having absorber plate with V down perforated baffles,” Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology 2014; 36(2):201-08.
- Deo. N. S, Chander .S, and Saini J.S. “Performance analysis of solar air heater duct roughened with multi-gap V-down ribs combined with staggered ribs,” Renewable Energy, Vol.91, pp.484- 500, 2016.
- Duffie.J.A, Beckman .W.A,“Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1991.
- E.A Handoyo, D. Ichsani, Prabowo, and Sutardi, “Numerical studies on the effect of delta-shaped obstacles’ spacing on the heat transfer and pressure drop in v-corrugated channel of solar air heater,” Solar Energy, 131, 2016, pp.47-60.
- Ebrahim, Momin Abdul-Malik, J.S, Saini and, S.C. Solanki “Heat transfer and friction in solar air heater duct with Vshaped rib roughness on absorber plate,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 45,pp.3383–3396, 2002.
- F. N. M. Elwekeel, “Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer Coefficient in Ribbed Rectangular Duct with Various Shaped Ribs and Different Coolants,” International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Material Science, no. 2011, pp. 163–166, 2012.
- Faridah Hussain, Baharudin Yatim, Mohd Yusof, and M.H. Ruslan “Fabrication and Irradiance Mapping of a Law Cost Solar imulator for Indoor Testing of Solar Collector” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Nov. 2011
- Felix Schubert, and Daniel Spinner, “Solar Simulator Spectrum and Measurement Uncertainties,” Energy Procedia, Volume 92, August 2016, Pages 205-210, ISSN 1876-6102.
- G. F. Smaisim, “Investigation on heat transfer augmentation using Continuous and broken ribs on a plate of heat exchanger,” International Journal of Energy and Environment 9.3, 2018.
- Garav Utekar, and Vivekanand Navadag “Performance analysis of solar collector with inline and perforated W shape rib roughened absorber plate for air heating application” International Engineering research journal, pp 170-178, 2016.
- Garg. H.P. Shukla A.R, Madhuri. I, “Development of a simple low-cost solar simulator for indoor collector testing” Appl Energy 1985;21: pp43–54. doi:10.1016/0306-2619(85)90073-X.
- Gonzalez .M.I, “An LED solar simulator for student labs,” Bristol, UK, IOP Publishing Ltd, 2017, pp. 1‐5.
- Hazim Moria, Taib Iskandar Mohamad, and Fayez Aldawi “Radiation distribution uniformization by optimized halogen lamps arrangement for a solar simulator,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Rabat, Morocco, April 11-13, 3(6):29-34 (2017).
- Korotky .G. J and Taslim. M. E, “Rib Heat Transfer Coefficient Measurements in a Rib-Roughened Square Passage,” ASME Journal, pp. 376385, 1998.
- Lanjewar AM, Bhagoria JL, Sarviya RM “Heat transfer and friction in solar air heater duct with W-shaped rib roughness on absorber plate” Energy 2011; 36:4531-41.
- M. Bhola, “Analysis of Heat Transfer of Ribbed Turbulent Channel using ANSYS,” International Journal on Emerging Technologies , vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 236–242, 2017.
- M. Eren, S. Caliskan, and Z. Muammer, “Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer In A Rectangular Channel With Perforated Ribs,” vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 37–44, 2015.
- M. Hanif, M.K Khattak, M. Amin, M. Ramzan, S. Zakir , S. Ullah & Z. Khan, “Development of an Efficient Flat Plate Solar Air Heater for Drying and Water Heating Purposes,” Sains Malaysiana, vol. 45, No. 3,pp. 489–497, 2016.
- M. R. Farooqui, “A Numerical Study on Effect of Rectangular Shaped Ribs Arranged in Different Patterns on Thermal Performance of a Solar Air Heater,” National Institute of Technology Rourkela, vol. 3, 2015.
- M.A. Chao, C. Xiaoling, W. Jianfei, Z. Shusheng, and J.I. Yongbin, “An Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer Characteristics for Steam Cooling in a Rectangular Channel with Parallel Ribs,” vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 454–455, 2014.
- Mohammadi K, Sabzpooshani M. Comprehensive performance evaluation and parametric studies of single pass solar air heater with fins and baffles attached over the absorber plate. Energy 2013;57:741–50.
- Moss .R.W, Shire. G.S.F, Eames .P.C, Henshall. P, Hyde .T and Arya. F, “Design and commissioning of a virtual image solar simulator for testing thermal collectors,” Solar Energy 159:234–42, (2017).
- P. Promvonge, W. Changcharoen, S. Kwankaomeng, and C. Thianpong, “Numerical heat transfer study of turbulent square-duct flow through inline Vshaped discrete ribs,” Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transf., vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1392–1399, 2011.
- P. Sriromreun “Numerical Study on Heat Transfer Enhancement in a Rectangular Duct with V-Shaped Ribs,” Chemical Engineering Transactions, vol. 70, no. 2015, pp. 1285–1290, 2018.
- P. Velmurugan and R. Kalaivanan, “Energy and exergy analysis of solar air heaters with varied geometries,” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 40, pp. 1173-1186, 2015.
- P.T. Saravanakumar and K. Mayilsamy, “Forced convection flat plate solar air heaters with and without thermal storage,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 966–968, 2010.
- R. Kumar, A. Kumar, R. Chauhan, and R. Maithani, “Comparative study of effect of various blockage arrangements on thermal hydraulic performance in a roughened air passage,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 81, 2018, pp.447-463.
- R. Kumar, R. Chauhan, M. Sethi, A. Sharma, and A. Kumar, “Experimental investigation of effect of flow attack angle on thermohydraulic performance of air flow in a rectangular channel with discrete V-pattern baffle on the heated plate,” Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 8(5), 2016, 1-12.
- R. Rezazadeh, N. Pourmahmoud, S. Asaadi, “Numerical investigation and performance analyses of rectangular mini channel with different types of ribs and their arrangements”. Int J Therm Sci (2018) 132: pp.76–85.
- R. Vaziri, M. Ilkan, F. Egelioglu, “Experimental Performance of Perforated Glazed Solar Air Heaters and Unglazed Transpired Solar Air Heater,” Solar Energy, vol. 119, pp. 251–260, 2015.
- Robert Hastings.S, and Ove Morck, Solar Air Systems, “A Design Handbook,” James & James (Science Publishers) Ltd., London, UK, 2000.
- S. S. Rawat, V. Chauhan, and V. Semwal, “Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer Enhancement in Rectangular Duct with Square Ribs and Optimization of Flow and Geometrical Parameters-Taguchi Approach,” Asian Journal of Applied Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 197–210, 2018.
- Shukla.A.R, Garg H.P. and Adhikari. R.S, “Performance of a solar air heating collector designed as per Indian specifications,” J. of the Solar Energy Society of India 7(2), 1997.
- Sodha. M.S, Bansal. N.K, kumar. A, Bansal .P, Kand M.A, Malik.S, “Solar Crop Drying”, Vol 1, CRC Press, USA, 1987.
- T. Alam, R.P. Saini, and J.S. Saini, “Experimental investigation on heat transfer enhancement due to V-shaped perforated blocks in a rectangular duct of solar air heater,” Energy Conversion and Management, 81, 2014, pp374-383.
- V. D. Boga, S. Jayavel, “Numerical Simulation of Heat Transfer in Channels with Different Ribs,” International journal of heat and mass transfer, no. 12, pp. 79–82, 2014.
- X. Shi, L. Xu, and J. Liu, “Experimental investigation on heat transfer and friction characteristics of ribbed rectangular channels using steam as coolant,” proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical, Doi: 10.1177, 227 (4): 426-437, 2013.
- X. Tang and D. Zhu, “Experimental and Numerical Study on Heat Transfer Enhancement of a Rectangular Channel with Discontinuous Crossed Ribs and Grooves,” Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 20, pp. 220-230, 2012.